Sunday, August 30, 2009

Preparing for House Guests


Today would have been our last hike in Olympic National Park.  However, we got a call from my folks this morning which resulted in our spending the day preparing for their visit.

When we arrived here three weeks ago, we organized our activities to best accommodate my parents.  As you can imagine, they are past their prime hiking years, although my mother still hikes some.  One of the things we saved to do with them was our visit to Victoria, British Columbia.  The call this morning was to let us know their passports had expired.  Gene and I have looked forward to visiting Victoria and didn’t want to give that up.  Since my parents will be here until we are scheduled to leave, our only option was to go tomorrow.

Tomorrow, of course, was the day I had planned to clean the house, do laundry, go to the grocery and get some of the food preparation done so we could spend our time visiting and sightseeing instead of doing chores.  We both rolled up our sleeves this morning and dug into that great long list of stuff to be done.  I am happy to report that just about everything is done that could be done two days in advance.

Having said that, there isn’t much more to be said about this day.  Tony and Diana are feeding us dinner and we look forward to sitting around a campfire with them this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment