Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're Closing In On The Big Day

As Gene is fond of saying, this is “Christmas eve, eve” and the beginning of final preparations for the holiday.  Yesterday, we tried to relax some and went for a walk.  It was bitter cold here, only 9 degrees when we got up.  Far to cold to walk outside, so we went to the mall.  There were several others there doing the same thing.  By the way, we left our water hose hooked up to the hydrant and the heat tape and insulation did what it was suppose to do and our water was fine.

After our walk we went to the grocery.  My list was pretty long; I just knew Gene would have a stroke, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.  Of course, today he had to make another trip for more chocolate chips and we’ll go tomorrow for bread for the Christmas evening sandwich supper. My refrigerator is so full I have the bonbons I made this afternoon in the truck!

I have been in the kitchen all day today.  First finishing up the candy and then baking ham and roasting turkey.  It sure smells a whole lot like Christmas around here.  Gene was a lifesaver and did the laundry for me.  There is no way I could have gotten it all done without his help.

Peanut was a big help, too.  His favorite job was helping put bows on the packages.  Honestly, it was help I could have done without.

Tomorrow will be another day in the kitchen, but by mid afternoon it will all be done with nothing left to do but enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment