Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Onset of Hitch Itch

Well, it didn’t take but 5 days for my precious Peanut to decide that the “snow” made a great playground.  By this afternoon I had to relocate the decoration.  Since the garland above the slides in the living area work so well, I am thinking of something involving snow above the bedroom slide.  But for now, I just had to get it out of cat reach.

I spent this morning making strawberry bread.  This is a recipe I got many years ago and it has been a hit whenever it is made.  I made 5 small loaves today and will take one to the campground office in the morning and take a couple to friends I am meeting for dinner tomorrow.  I can’t resist keeping one for myself and the other I have already put in the freezer for our visit with my nephews in Georgia.  I’m going to give the oven a rest tomorrow.
Tennessee State Capitol
In our travels, we typically will stay at any destination for a month.  The reason for that is because the rent for a month is a much better rate, usually, than by the week and especially by the day.  However, over time we have learned that we are really ready to move on in about 3 weeks.  It has been 6 weeks since we arrived in Nashville and we are getting anxious to hitch up and move on down the road.  RVers experiencing these symptoms say it’s “hitch itch”.   I’m sure the weather has something to do with how we feel.  It has been so cold we haven’t wanted to get out and do anything so we sit around dreaming of sunny days.   I’m not going to whine any more, but I just had to get that off my chest.

Tomorrow, I am spending the day with my mother.  I suspect we will end up at one of the local malls and then find lunch somewhere.  Shopping is not one of my favorite things, but with her it usually turns into a real adventure.  For dinner I am meeting a couple ladies who taught on my team way back when.  That will definitely be a riot.  Gene and Peanut will have a little male bonding time.

No comments:

Post a Comment