Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Quiet Sunday

After a very early start, this has turned into a quiet, relaxing Sunday.  I sure didn’t want to get out of bed so early this morning, but once up I was fine.  We had a quick breakfast of toast and were on our way to early church by 7:30.  We met Edd and Nancy and sat with them during the service.  Although we really didn’t get much time to visit, it was still good to see them.

We managed to function pretty well until shortly after lunch when the busy afternoon and late night Saturday and the early morning today finally caught up with us.  I was struggling to read my knitting instructions when I noticed Gene and sweet Peanut snoozing in the recliner.  That looked pretty good so I found myself a cozy place for a short nap, also.

Feeling much more refreshed, we went for a few laps around the campground. Gene ran in the office on the last lap and rented a movie for this evening.  This makes 7 movies since we arrived here in late October.  It is surely a record for us.

Dinner is in the oven.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and glazed carrots tonight.  We haven’t had meatloaf in a long time and I just love leftover meatloaf sandwiches for lunch.

Tomorrow is the Christmas luncheon at Gene’s office.  Well, I guess that would be Gene’s ex-office.  We plan to go and do the good-bye hugs with everyone.  I can’t decide if we will be happy or sad.  Tomorrow will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment