Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow, What Snow?

It was raining as we watched reporters talk about snow on the news last night.  We were surprised this morning to hear that all the county schools anywhere around here were closed.  We were surprised because there was no snow on the ground.  However, it was very cold and all the puddles were frozen.  As we continued to watch the morning news, we noticed several stories about snow and I guess we were thinking some place far, far away.  It didn’t really get my attention until the traffic report came on and there was snow everywhere.  Apparently, we were in a small pocket where it didn’t snow.  There was snow on the ground less than a mile from our campground (and some places in town with as much as 2 inches), but we didn’t get any.  Pretty amazing.

Because of the weather, we didn’t take our trip to Hickman county.  When I heard that Hickman county had closed their schools for today, I thought it best to cancel our trip.  We got up and had a leisurely breakfast while watching the Today show.  About mid-morning we went to Wal-Mart for the shelf to go in the cabinet under the sink.  After lunch I got busy with that little project.  After several arrangements, I finally found one that works well.  Now, my pots and pans are a little easier to reach.  Of course, I had a few things that were being stored under there which now needed a new home.  I sat on the sofa finishing my coke after lunch, and eyed first one cabinet, then another.  I finally decided that if I reorganized the stuff under the TV, I would have room for the things that no longer fit under the sink.  Mission accomplished, at least for the time being.

With the little bit of the afternoon that was left, Gene surfed the internet, I read, and Peanut napped.  We watched another movie this evening.  Not a very exciting day, but one that I enjoyed.

Tomorrow we are going with friends to look at their new home in the process of being built.  We are anxious to see them.  Being with family and friends—that’s what these 2 months are about.

No comments:

Post a Comment