Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Last Look at 2008

American Falls, Niagra. NY


Oh, what a year this has been.  This was our first to be able to travel full-time even though Gene was still tethered to the office via blackberry and laptop.  This seems to have been the year of the “family”.  I began 2008 by spending a week with my mother.  Our first stop on our journey was a week long visit in Spartanburg, South Carolina with my uncle and cousins.  We returned to Spartanburg for another week in March.  Being back in Nashville for a brief visit in April gave me the opportunity to go with mother on a little side trip to visit with the newest member of our family—my great nephew.  We had a good visit with Gene’s nephews in New York City in September before spending about 10 days with his brother in Lancaster, Ohio.  Then, of course, we ended up our year back in Nashville with our daughter, son-in-law, and my parents, aunts and uncles.  What a great blessing family is and all the family time this year made some wonderful memories.
Cuyuga Ridge Winery, Finger Lakes, NY
Cloud over Mt Wilmington, Adirondacks, NY
Cooper Kiln Pond, Adirondacks, NY

View of Mt Marcy from Marcy Dam
Our travels this year took us to South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, Ohio and Alabama. To our map we added New York, Pennsylvania and Alabama. This is a great big, beautiful country we live in and every place is special and unique in its own way.  When we are traveling and out sightseeing or hiking, it is not uncommon for me to take a100 pictures a day.  I have tried to pick out a few of my favorites from the year and one of my all time favorites to share on this the last day of 2008.
My all time favorite photo--mountain goat at Glacier Nat. Park
We wish you a very happy and blessed new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment