Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rain, Rain

As the forecasters promised, the rain started in the wee hours of the morning and has continued all day long.  They say it will be our constant companion through tomorrow.  What to do on a rainy day?  We chose Christmas shopping.

Shopping is not our favorite thing to do and Gene actually did most of it online yesterday.  Amazon is my friend.  However, there are a few items on our list for granddaughter, Kayley, that I wanted to touch personally before purchasing.  Off we went.

I won’t bore you with all the details of our morning shopping spree.  Besides, I don’t want to give any secrets away.  But.....one stop was at Toys R Us.  We haven’t been in a toy store in years and I was quite amazed at the broad-reaching selection in toys. When I was a child I got to choose between a doll or a plastic tea cup.

We roamed around until we found what we were looking for.  In our roaming we saw many, many things.  My favorite was the “latches board”.  For ages 3 and up, toddlers can now learn how to unlock all the doors, cabinets, and windows in your home.

That’s all from me today.  Thanks for tagging along

2 comments:

  1. the latches board?..don't know if that one is a good idea or not?..gotta keep those little ones safe and if they know how to escape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess parents will have to change the locks after the kids play with that present! Looks like fun though.

    ReplyDelete