Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Lazy Day

This has been a beautiful day for almost anything anyone wanted to do, but we chose to stay close to home and take is easy.  I just love days like this every now and again.

Gene did a few little chores around the Everest, including running the vacuum for me.  That was nice. After lunch he fell asleep in the recliner.  I guess that wasn’t as comfortable as he would have liked, because I found him in the bed a little later.   Peanut was doing his share of napping on the sofa.

I was determined to get my document files transferred from the Dell to my new Apple today.  The sales representatives at both Apple Stores we visited assured me there would be no problems transferring MS Word documents to the MacIntosh platform.  Basically, that is true.  However, I had several documents, mostly journal stuff, which I had created in Word rather than in desktop publishing.  I had forced Word to take the photos which it doesn’t like to do.  The text of those documents transferred, but the photos did not.  It is not really a heartbreak.  I still have the original photos, of course, but disappointing none-the-less.  I should have taken the time to create those documents in publishing software to start with.  Anyway, I worked pretty steadily at it most of the morning and I have all my documents on the new computer.  Tomorrow, I’ll start on the photos.  That is going to be a challenge, I think.

Last evening, we had a wonderful dinner with friends we met in Santa Fe.  They were also at the Rally in Albuquerque.  After that, they went north to Colorado while we headed west.  They are on their way home to California and stopped for the night in Carson City.  It was so good to get to see them again.

Besides working on the computer most of today, I also fixed a new recipe for our dinner tonight.  In a Weight-Watchers cookbook I found a recipe for stuffed cabbage using ground turkey instead of beef.  To the ground turkey I added sauteed onions and fresh mushrooms, cooked rice, and an egg.  The recipe instructions were to bake the stuffed cabbage smothered in marinara sauce.  I didn’t see any reason why I couldn’t put it in the slow cooker.  It is about ready now and it smells great.

After being at home all day today, we will want to get out some tomorrow.  Perhaps there will be a parade in Carson City.  That would be fun.  If we have a parade or not, we certainly will take time to reflect on our freedoms and contemplate the sacrifices made by so many to protect the rights and privileges we have as Americans.

Have a great Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment