Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ransom Road RV Park

It was a gorgeous day here, but with all our running around this week, we just wanted to stay at home.  I did a few loads of laundry this morning and Gene continued to rub on the Montana.  He declares now that the waxing is done.  It is mighty shiny.  As I was fixing lunch, I overheard snippets of conversation from the guys outside in regards to their washing and waxing—“it is amazing how something with only 340 sq. ft of living space can have so many sq yards of waxing area”, “I never washed and waxed my house, when I got tired of painting it, I had siding put on”, and from the guy doing his woodworking at the picnic table at the next site—“you guys need to get another hobby; this one is making me tired”.


After lunch we went to the grocery.  Around South Texas, the local chain supermarket is HEB.  It is a pretty nice store and I found almost everything I wanted.  I couldn’t find fresh cheese tortellini nor biscotti.  There is, however, plenty of Mexican choices.  You could also buy packs of ribs that looked like they would be able to feed the 101st Airborne.  Life is good; who needs Italian?

By the time we arrived home after the grocery adventure, we were both pretty pooped.  It is at times like these that a nice snack tastes so good.  I stirred up a great hot dip recipe from one of the ladies in Gene’s office.  It hit the spot and is so easy.  Stir together one and a half cups of grated cheddar cheese, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup mayo, and 1 chopped medium Vidalia onion.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  Yum, yum.  Thanks, Teresa, for a great recipe.  We always enjoy it.

This seems like a good time to post a few pictures of the campground.  This is a very nice place and we have enjoyed being here.  Folks are very friendly and the facilities are spotless.  There are even plenty washers and dryers.  They have several activities each week, exercise classes daily, and ice cream social on Sunday. We are just about a quarter mile from the water where there is a marina, a fishing pier, and a small playground. We will definitely put this place on our list to consider for a regular winter home.

It is raining now.  We are hoping it will pass on by so we can go over to Padre Island tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment