Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chores Galore

Boy, did we have a storm last night.  Heavy rain and high winds overnight gave way to a beautiful, sunny, but cooler day.

We have spent the day with our chore lists.  Gene has been hard at work with his monthly chores plus checking air pressure and other things to be ready to hit the road again tomorrow morning.  He is cooking for me tonight, so he has spent some time getting organized for that meal.  He had me take a piece of salmon out of the freezer.  Later I saw two of my cookbooks at his desk.  He’s not talking, so it will be a total surprise.

I spent most of my morning in the laundry room.  It is a nice facility, but this campground is very large.  Seven washers are just not adequate for the number of people here.  It was a beehive of activity this morning and there was a line waiting when I left.  I also spent some time getting my cabinets and especially the refrigerator organized.  Now that the holidays are over and most of the leftovers are gone, I can actually see some empty spots in the pantry and refrigerator.

After lunch, we did a nice, brisk walk around the campground.  We discovered this is a Coast to Coast Park.  That helps explain why there is a sales office.  One of our goals for this trip is to look around at the various campgrounds we stay in with an eye for a place we might like to come back to regularly.  This park would definitely make the list.  Its one major drawback is the fact that it is 10 miles one way to the grocery.  That is a little inconvenient.

Peanut has been very busy trying to catch up on his napping today and he has enjoyed not having to spend several hours in his carrier. He is soaking up the rays from the back of the sofa.

We have each had our showers now and are just kicking back for the rest of the day.  Me especially, since I don’t have to cook tonight.

Tomorrow is another travel day.  We will leave early in the morning for Summerdale, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment