Thursday, January 29, 2009

Corpus Christi

Even though there was a brisk breeze which made the 45 degrees feel much colder, we headed to Corpus Christi for a 6K walk this morning. Dressed in layers with our rain jackets as the shell to stop the wind, we were comfortable.  I had to have my hood up most of the morning to keep the wind out of my ears.


Our walk was basically along Shoreline Drive for about 2 miles in each direction.  To make up the other couple miles we were lead over to Heritage Park and around the Convention Center and Science Museum.  Along Shoreline Drive we walked through the Corpus Christi Marina.  There were a few nice looking yachts there and a few that needed some work.  One of the highlights was seeing a replica of the Nina which has found a home here.  It was nice to look at, but I sure wouldn’t have wanted to sail from Spain aboard that little thing.
A replica of the Nina



Early in our walk we passed a really cool looking diner which we had to come back to for lunch.  Well, actually, only part of our lunch. I had packed a picnic, of course, so Gene just got a bowl of the tortellini soup (which someone in the parking lot had recommended) and I got a chocolate shake.  Now, really, who could pass up a shake at a diner?   Both were really good.

Courtyard at the Art Center of Corpus Christi

We were home by early afternoon.  When we pulled up our neighbors on both sides as well as the guy across the street were all washing their rigs.  Gene could hardly wait to get his brush and a pail of soap water.  It must be a guy thing—I was not likewise compelled.
One of the old homes in Heritage Park


I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures today.  The skies were just too overcast this morning for anything good.  I also have a spot on the upper right side of all photos which I noticed a few weeks ago.  I thought it was a spot on my computer monitor.  Since I don’t normally look at the website after it is posted, I didn’t realize until a few days ago that the spot was on the photo.  I cleaned my lens and lens cover then put the camera away until the next day.  The spot was still there, but I figured I had missed cleaning something.  I cleaned both lenses, the filters, and the lens covers then put the camera away until the next day.  Yesterday, I used both the 300mm lens as well as the 55mm lens and discovered the spot was on all photos.  Well, that helps narrow the problem down.  I used an air brush to blow around inside the camera body, but I was afraid to do much in there.  What I did didn’t help.  When we get to our next campground, where we plan to spend 2-3 weeks, I will take the camera to be cleaned.  Until then, we’ll be seeing spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment