Saturday, January 3, 2009

Family Time

We have been busy with family or getting ready to be with family ever since we got into town until today when I just had to have a little down time.  I have already mentioned the Hoppin’ John and coleslaw I through together to take to my brother’s for New Years Day.  Friday, was the day I was responsible for the evening meal.  My nephew, Ben, and I had made out a plan whereby we spread the fun of meal planning and preparation around so no one had that burden for the entire weekend.  Friday, was my day.  After a late night Thursday, we rolled out of bed at the usually early cat breakfast time of 5 AM.  After breakfast we made a quick grocery run, stopped at an ATM, and filled up the truck.  Back at the Montana, I spent the rest of the morning getting my chicken tetrazzini ready so all we had to do at dinner time was heat and eat.  We had a wonderful afternoon visiting with Ben and Amber, and playing with and making pictures of Brayden.  He is now 9 months old and grown so much since I last saw him when he was just a month old.    We were all together again for dinner with the exception of my other nephew, Eric, and his wife LeighAnn.  
Amber and Ben

Brayden in his new wagon
After staying out late two nights in a row and getting to bed far past my usual bedtime, I needed some time to relax this morning.  I think even Peanut was tired because he let me sleep in a little later and was content to wait for his breakfast until almost 6.  Bless his heart.  I sipped my coffee, read my book, and didn’t even get dressed until after 9 AM!  Gene had a few things he needed and I wanted some more yarn to start on another afghan, so we went on a fieldtrip to Wal-Mart.
LeighAnn and Eric

Mike and his friend, Carol
By mid-afternoon we were ready to head on over to Ben’s for the evening.  This was his day to be responsible for the evening meal and we were not disappointed.  We had one of the best fish fries I’ve ever eaten. I was not surprised, however, because Ben and Amber are both very good cooks.  LeighAnn and Eric brought an appetizer of shrimp dip, which was wonderful, and my brother, Mike, made the coleslaw this time.  It was all outstanding.    The whole gang was together tonight so everyone got their turn in front of the camera.
Master of the deep fat fryer
The only person making more pictures than me was mother.
Tomorrow we will be celebrating Christmas together.  We’re looking forward to another day of big family fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment