Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saturday Hockey and Sunday Soup Supper

The Predators game was a real trip.  I had never been to a hockey game and it certainly was an unforgettable experience.  Why do the players fight and why does the referee not stop it until they are on the ice?  No question—the fans love it.  Thank you, Jack and Ansley, for the tickets.  It was a great evening out even if our team didn’t win.



For the past several years, we have had Saturday Soup Supper with Jack and Ansley as our Thanksgiving time with them.  In order to accommodate the hockey game, we had Saturday Soup on Sunday.  I made some beef stew and cheesy vegetable soup and we went to their house.  They have purchased a 2-acre piece of property for a new house one of these days and this was our first chance to see the land.  It looks great and we are thrilled for them.  We also got our dog fix by petting on their dogs and we got to love on Reebok the cat some.  A wonderful afternoon.


This morning when I opened my laptop to find soup recipes, I was distressed at the cracking sound I heard.  On closer inspection, I think one side of my cover is broken.  It is not the hinge, but rather the plate below the hinge.  It still works, but who knows for how long, so I busied myself copying all my photos onto CDs and backing up my other documents.  I certainly don’t want to buy a new computer right now, so I’m going to treat it with kid gloves and hope it lasts a few more months.

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the first of December and this week is full of friends and food.  By golly, I think the holidays are upon us.

1 comment: