Friday, November 28, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Down Day

With all the running around and preparations for the big feast of yesterday, plus eating too much, laughing, and visiting, I needed a day to unwind and relax.  That was my full intent when I got out of bed this morning.  However, somehow things got out of control and I am bushed again.

After coffee and a few daily chores around the house, we put on our tennis shoes to go for a walk along the greenway.  About the time we were ready to leave, Gene’s boss called and he was on the phone for over an hour.  I did a couple more chores while waiting for him to get off the phone.  We managed to slip in a quick walk between the phone calls, but he basically worked all day.

Since he was tied up with work, I decided to put up a couple Christmas decorations.  Peanut wanted to help and we just kept pulling things out of the box until everything was in the middle of the floor.  Now the Montana is all decked out for the holiday and I’m glad we got it done.  Of course, pieces of garland and glitter from ornaments was all over the carpet which required vacuuming.  One thing led to another and I mopped what little linoleum I have and cleaned the bathroom.  This certainly wasn’t the day I envisioned when I got out of bed this morning.

One thing I didn’t spend a lot of time on today was cooking.  We had eaten so much yesterday we weren’t really hungry for breakfast.  After our walk, the light tuna wrap tasted good and dinner turned out to be a piece of grilled chicken on a garden salad.

I am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment