Saturday, November 29, 2008

Deck the Halls

Today has been a much more relaxing day than the previous several and I have just “wallered” in laziness. We had to make a short trip the Wal-Mart to pick up an extension cord to complete the holiday decorating.

Our first Christmas in the Montana, we found a cute little tree about 3 and a half feet tall.  It was perfect to stand at the end of the kitchen counter and we enjoyed it there for several days.  To our surprise, Peanut didn’t show much interest in the tree.  We were both working then, and one afternoon we came home to a royal mess.  I guess Peanut got bored and found the tree to be a fun place to be.  I got out a big garbage bag and threw out everything, including the tree.  The next day, I had an inspiration.  Those don’t come very often so I acted on it right away.  I got enough garland to drape over the full length of both slides.  I strung it with lights and decorated it with tinsel and miniature red and gold ornaments just like I would decorate a tree.  It has all the festiveness of a tree, it’s not taking up floor space which there is very little of and it is far out of the reach of precious Peanut.  I like it—I like it a whole lot better than a tree.
Our Christmas tree strung above the slides


This year I have spread out a little “snow” on a corner countertop and added a few decorations.  We’ll see how long that lasts.  So far Peanut hasn’t paid it any attention, but we’ve seen that behavior before.  Time will tell.
This looks like it has real cat appeal to me.
Jack and Ansley have given us tickets to the Predators game tonight.  We are excited.  I’ve never been to a hockey game before.  So, I’m posting this early and after a quick bite of supper we are off to the game.

1 comment: