The “birthplace” of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church is just over the hill from the campground. It seems that three of the church clergy were unhappy with official church policy and wanted to work out some way in which to resolve their differences of opinions. These three guys met at the home of Rev. McAdow on February 4, 1810 and ended up reviving the Cumberland Church which had been dissolved several years earlier by the Kentucky Synod. A replica of Rev McAdow’s home stands on the site where these men gathered.
Near this cabin is a small chapel built in 1960. Services are held here each Sunday during the summer months and it’s a popular place for weddings.
That does it for today. Thanks for tagging along.