Friday, January 20, 2012

A Day With Vern

Vern came today and we were sooooo happy to see him.  The first priority--find and fix the leak in our back wall.  Vern spent the better part of the day with us and he removed several parts of our RV from the rear end cap.  He found several small cracks and gaps in the caulking and lots of evidence of water.  The insides of our tail lights were still wet from the rain we got two days ago.

Vern has removed all the old caulking and recaulked around the end cap.  He took the light covers off to allow for some air circulation to dry out the inside wall.  He’ll be back on Monday to caulk around the light covers.  I think Vern is going to finally put an end to this leak.

We left Vern on his own and made a quick trip to Walmart this morning.  During the rain on Wednesday, I was dashing from the car to the motor home with my head down trying not to get too wet while also trying to avoid the deep puddles.  I totally forgot about the awning arm and hit it almost as hard as it could be hit without doing serious damage to it or myself.  Of course, as short as I am, I hit right at eye level and the collision really did a number on my glasses.  Luckily, it was only the frames that were damaged and not the lenses.  For the past two days I’ve been wearing an old pair of reading specs I picked up at a drug store somewhere.  Needless to say, it was a priority to get my glasses fixed today.  The technician took his little tool and had my glasses “bent” back into shape in less than a minute.  It is so good to be able to see again.
The cranes are always wandering about the campground.

While at Walmart, I picked up a toaster oven.  I know, it takes up a whole lot of space on a very small counter, but I couldn’t help it.  I’ve been wanting one for a long time and it’s what I had in mind when I asked for a Walmart gift card for Christmas.  We’ve already taken the regular toaster up to the free table in the club house and the new toaster oven has claimed almost all the space on the counter.  I warmed bread for dinner which took only a fraction of the time it would have taken in the range oven.  Besides, I didn’t have to take all the cat supplies out of the oven to use it.  It was much easier to clean the bread crumbs out of the bottom than from the regular toaster.  The feature I’m most anxious to use is the broiler.  I think I’m gonna love it.

We want to welcome Pam and Wayne as our latest followers.  Check out the great photography at their site, Nomadic Newfies.  We're certainly glad to have you guys tagging along on our journey.

Tomorrow is another hiking day plus the citrus market at Floral City.

That’s all for today. Thanks for tagging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment