Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting Organized


We had a glorious sunny day today with temperatures in the 70s.  Quite a contrast to the severe weather we had yesterday.  Besides the high winds, which never turned into a tornado, we had some serious rain.  Of course, there was debris from the surrounding trees everywhere.  I’m sure our roof is covered in pine needles. There may even be a few branches up there.  As far as we know, we did not sustain any damage to the Everest or the truck.  The water was deep enough on our site to wash the wheel chocks out from around the tires.

This has been primarily a chore day.  We found the nearest Wal-mart for a major grocery run this morning.  That’s always a big chore and, like usual, it took half the  morning.

I started on the laundry after I got the food put away.  The laundry facility here is woefully inadequate.  There are 5 washers, but only 3 are operational.  I managed to get 2 loads done, one at a time, and have 2 more to do.  Laundry is one of my least favorite chores so I save it until it becomes a necessity.  Sometimes, like today, I envy those RVers with their own machines.  However, it would be very hard for me to give up that extra storage space where my washer/dryer hook ups are located.  There are lots of trade offs in this lifestyle.

After lunch, we went into Saint Augustine to the Visitor Center.  We wanted to pick up a city touring map and brochures for the area.  We watched the 45 minute film about the city’s history.  I perused the gift shop.  They had several nice things and many were marked down to a reasonable price.  But, alas, I live in an RV so left everything for someone else.  We now have a rough itinerary for the week we will be here.

We spent the remainder of the afternoon cleaning our rig.  Gene rubbed on the outside, getting several black streaks off.  I vacuumed the floors and upholstery, cleaned the bath, and mopped the floors.  All spic and span for a visit with friends, Darrell and Judy, tomorrow.

That’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment