Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This and That


The past couple of days have been nothing to write home about.  We have been busy with first one thing then another.  Things have been so boring around here I can’t even remember what we did to occupy our time.


Sunday was a cold, rainy day.  It has passed totally out of my mind.  That’s pitiful.


Monday was a beautiful day.  It started out a little chilly, but the sun finally broke through the cloud cover and warmed things up nicely.  While it was cold, Gene wanted to continue airing up trailer and truck tires.  His small portable air compressor died midway through the task, so he made a trip to Lowes for a new one.  After lunch, Gene and I cleaned out and reorganized our basement storage.  It really doesn’t take that long, especially with us both working, but it is a chore I could put off for eternity.  It has been on my “to do” list since Oct 1.

This morning dawned cold and foggy.  Again, like yesterday, the sun did its thing and we had an unseasonably warm late morning and afternoon.  I wanted to get the grocery shopping done before it got too close to the holiday, so we went out first thing for that.  Got a propane tank filled on the same trip.  We left the rest of the chores for tomorrow and went for a short hike this afternoon.  Just couldn’t let this beautiful day be claimed by chores.  It felt good to get out and breathe a little fresh air.

I found a few photos which I had taken a while back and didn’t remember if they had been posted or not.  If they have been, enjoy the rerun.

No comments:

Post a Comment