Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Counting Down


Just a few more days until Christmas.  Time to get the rest of this stuff done.  This week is devoted to finishing up the shopping and getting the gifts wrapped.  I usually try to wait about wrapping the gifts.  Peanut is much more curious about wrapping, ribbons, and bows than cardboard boxes.  I guess that is probably true of us all.


Time has come to bake cookies, also.  The past couple years, I have gone over to my mother’s for a cooking baking extravaganza.  We each pick three or four cookie recipes and gather the ingredients.  Then we get together at her house (with her 2 large ovens) and bake til we drop.  At the end of the day we each have a nice selection of cookies to pass along to friends.  She assures me that she is feeling up to this event.  To help reduce some of the work, I plan to get the dough for my refrigerator rolled cookies ready tomorrow.  Then on Thursday, I’ll just slice and bake.
7 weeks old
I have tried really hard not to fill this journal with tales and photos of our new granddaughter, Kayley.  We see her two or three times each week.  She is growing like a weed and changing everyday.  As Ansley said yesterday, she now looks like a baby instead of a newborn.  I just couldn’t resist including a picture today.

A few days ago I got an email posted to the guestbook from a distant cousin; one we didn’t even know about.  They found us through the postings from last year when we were out searching for family history in Ohio.  I have spent the past two days trying to refresh my memory of the Curp family history and digging through old photos.  That has piqued my interest in getting back with the family history again.  As luck would have it, we may be able to get together with this cousin while we are in Florida this winter.  We are really looking forward to that meeting.

Speaking of Florida, I guess the countdown to Christmas is not the only counting we are doing.  As the weather has been so cold in middle Tennessee recently, we have been dreaming of southbound I-65.  Our original plans for the winter have changed slightly.  Instead of making a stop to visit with my brother in Macon, we now think we will just jump on I-65 and head to Summerdale, Alabama for about a week before heading to Pensacola.  We’ll meander around northern Florida until February when we have a reservation in Silver Springs.

We have been back in Nashville since the first of October.  Three months is a long time for us to stay in one place and normally we would have hitch itch pretty bad by this time.  We have a little itch, but because we have been so busy and have enjoyed seeing Kayley so often, the itch isn’t too bad.  However, the increasing cold irritates that itch.  We’ve started to count the days.

If I’m gonna get gifts wrapped, I better get with it while Peanut is asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment