Monday, April 27, 2009

Everest by Keystone

Well, I guess a little detail about the Everest is in order and, of course, a few more pictures.  The Everest, like the Montana, is a Keystone product.  They both are in the mid price range for 5th wheels.


First, let me say that we chose the Montana and the Everest based on our needs.  Since we live in it full time and have no home (or even storage unit) in our home state of Tennessee, we need something that is large enough to be comfortable in all seasons and has the storage capacity for all our belongings (including Christmas decorations).  The Everest measures 39 feet (about) from king pin to ladder; approximately 37 feet interior living space which is about 1.5 feet longer than the Montana.  The Montana had more storage space inside, but the Everest has more basement storage.  This particular model Everest is not plumbed for washer/dryer which I didn’t want anyway.  The Montana was plumbed for washer/dryer and since we didn’t have them, that was a huge storage space which I already miss.  We also have a fireplace in the Everest which we didn’t have in the Montana.  That was another space I used for storage which I don’t have now.


I enjoy cooking (and Gene enjoys eating), so I like having the large kitchen.  There are 2 things about this kitchen I especially like—the large refrigerator and the microwave which isn’t over my head.  The microwave in the Montana was so high I had to stand on a stool to take food out.  Quite the health hazard in my opinion.  This microwave, like most in RVs, is also a convection oven.  The Everest (and Montana) has a three-burner gas range with an oven.  I like having an oven.  Many RV manufacturers are just installing the cook top without an oven.  I guess they figure the microwave/convection oven is adequate.  Gene is especially fond of his 32” HDTV.  It is not working, however.  It doesn’t seem to be getting a signal from the antennae.  We already have an appointment at Camping World for Wednesday morning.  Peanut seemed most fascinated by the fireplace.  


We haven’t used them yet, but we have two bar stools at the end of the kitchen counter.  With these two seats, the four chairs at the dining table, the chair at the desk, and the folding table from the basement at the sofa, I guess we could feed the 5th Army Division.  I guess I won’t be able to use that old excuse of not having enough space for the big family Thanksgiving dinner.

Here are a few more photos, mostly of the living area which was blacked out by the sun yesterday.

Gene made his daily trek to Camping World this morning and has gone again this afternoon. He just can’t get enough of that place.  I have continued to rearrange things.

We had planned to go to Petroglyph National Monument this afternoon.  After a trip to Target for a couple items, we headed over to the Visitor Center.  We looked around the gift shop and talked to the Ranger, but I was just too tired to enjoy the petroglyphs.  I came home and took a short nap instead.  We’ll go tomorrow as well as to Old Town Albuquerque.

The best part of today was our lunch visit with fellow RVs, Bill and Helen.  We have been following along with their travels for a couple years now on their blog at mytripjournal.com/here-we-go-again-and-again.  They have been an inspiration for several places we want to go, especially their trip to Nova Scotia.  We had a wonderful visit with them.  The last time we had seen them was in Nashville a year ago so it was great to get together again.  Thanks, Bill and Helen, for making our day and being the bright spot in our week.


Tomorrow, I am determined to get some sightseeing done.  We are anxious to get back to what we love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment