Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Out With The Camera

A natural flower box


Today was another rainy day so we decided to get some shopping chores done. Our prescriptions needed refilled so that required a trip to Walmart in Plattsburgh. I had been looking forward to visiting Plattsburgh because I wanted to do one of the two walking tours I had read about. One was along the Saranac River and the other seemed to be along Lake Champlain starting at the City Beach. We had visited Burlington, Vermont, just across Lake Champlain from Plattsburgh, a couple years ago and were very impressed with the city. I am expecting as much from Plattsburgh. However, today was not the day to find out. We had put off making this trip because of the rain, but, alas, medication calls and we had to get that taken care of. So in the rain we made our way to Walmart and to Hannaford for groceries. We also went down to the Farmer’s Market, but I was really disappointed there. Perhaps the farmers stayed home because of the rain. There were only 2 vegetable stands. The highlight of our trip was the wonderful pizza we shared at a small, local Italian eatery across the street from Walmart. Maybe we will get a chance to try Plattsburgh another day.
Clouds over the mountain

I usually have my camera with me wherever I go, even if it is just for a walk around the campground. Occasionally I stumbled onto something that catches my eye. Here are a few photos I like.
Club moss with birch bark

I found the half rotted log covered with flowers in front of a shop in Lake Placid. The log had been hollowed out somewhat to create a “flower pot”.

One thing about the rain—we have a tremendous mushroom crop.

Enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment