Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Green


This is the quintessential spring day.  We have lots of sunshine, big blue skies, and temperatures in the low 70s.  After a long hard winter, the trees have finally sprouted their leaves to give that fresh, bright, spring green color against the blue sky.  It could not be any more perfect.


To celebrate this glorious day, we stayed home for a change.  I can’t believe I’m not out in the woods.  I just didn’t have the energy or enthusiasm to hike today.  We had snacks selected and packs packed (Gene even had his in the truck) and I decided I just couldn’t go today.  Sometimes it happens.

It has been a wonderful day just hanging out in our abode, doing a few light chores, and sitting outside.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat of today’s weather.  We’ll be joining friends, Rich and Patti, for a hike and dinner.  I guess I’m just resting up for a big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment