Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Day Hike in Shenandoah National Park

After getting back to the RV last night we took a long, hard look at our backpacking plan and decided to throw it in the trash. My knees would be a major problem trying to do the 13-15 mile days we had planned for our second week. Diane wanted to get her tooth fixed. So we scrapped our backpacking plan and went for an 8 mile day hike on the AT in Shenandoah National Park this morning. It was great not to have that big pack on my back. I had talked Gene into carrying my snacks and water and Diane had used one of our small day packs to take the few things she wanted to carry. It was cold and windy and I was glad not to have to hike in that wind all day.

Diane is on her way home this afternoon and I have my feet propped up. I am going to take tomorrow off to let my knees rest a bit then do day hikes along the AT for the next several days. Carrying a small pack should make my feet and knees happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment