Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blessings in a Spring Snow

It snowed here on Tuesday. Not a lot, but enough to know it snowed. Gene says it is the perfect snowfall. Enough to cover the trees and ground, but not cold enough to stick to the roads.

It was beautiful falling. It snowed off and on throughout the day with periods of sunshine in between. As the temperatures dropped, it started to stick to the trees and on the ground. By dusk, perhaps a quarter inch had accumulated.

God is good and always knows what we need. Snow was the perfect gift for me on Tuesday. Gene had been sick with a cold all last week. This week it was my turn and by Tuesday I was pretty fed up with the sickness which seemed to last for ages. Down and out all I wanted to do was sleep. Then I noticed the snow. I jumped up from my sickbed and grabbed the camera. Snow—so graceful, delicate, and silent--covering the landscape. It didn’t cure my cold, but it sure perked up my attitude.

The magic and beauty of a snowflake is truly a blessing indeed!

1 comment:

  1. you are moving right along with regards to posting all the older ones!..good for you!..busy busy!..
    nothing like the dusting of snow to make everything pretty!!

    ReplyDelete